Full course description
Full Schedule Access is available from Monday, June 28th through Sunday, July 18th, 2021.
Instructor Dr. James Hatten
The importance of cultivating and supporting students social and emotional learning doesn't disappear in the online classroom. In this course, participants will learn ways to continue to build a positive classroom culture online where teacher-student relationships continue to drive and support student academic learning. Building Relationships in Online Courses is the second course in a three (3) course series to support educators in best practices in online pedagogy. Introduction to Effective Online Teaching is a prerequisite for this course.
This course is fully online and asynchronous, allowing participants to work through course content flexibly as their schedule allows. All course materials will be provided for participants in the course learning management system.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Continue to build on awareness of unique issues revolving around teaching and learning in online environments
- Maintain a student-centered learning environment that is safe, organized, equitable, flexible, inclusive, and collaborative
- Improve their own online pedagogical and problem-solving skills
- Utilize several technologies that can assist them in optimizing and promoting learning
- Independently and accurately apply proven best practices techniques into their own online teaching
- Design and develop technology-rich products that effectively aids in humanizing online instruction
- Demonstrate the ability to build and maintain positive relationships online
For questions about this training event contact Rachel Hatten at email@example.com or 813-974-5959.