Full course description
Full Schedule Access is available from Monday, June 14th through Sunday, June 27th, 2021.
Instructor Dr. James Hatten
Online technologies have changed the shape of teaching and learning. Recently, millions of educators were abruptly forced to move courses online where they scrambled to solve the unique challenges of distance learning. Teaching online demands new approaches to facilitate learning and this course is an introduction to those approaches. An Introduction to Effective Online Teaching is the first course in a three (3) course series to support educators in best practices in online pedagogy.
This course is fully online and asynchronous, allowing participants to work through course content flexibly as their schedule allows. All course materials will be provided for participants in the course learning management system.
By the end of the course, participants will:
- Increase their awareness of unique issues revolving around teaching and learning in online environment
- Communicate ideas and information through a variety of technologies to diverse audiences
- Improve their own online pedagogical and problem-solving skills
- Utilize several technologies that can assist them in optimizing and promoting learning
- Independently and accurately apply proven best practices techniques into their own online teaching
- Design and develop technology-rich products that effectively delivers or aids in the delivery of instruction online
- Demonstrate the ability to comprehend, express, and adapt to ideas based on their content area
For questions about this training event contact Rachel Hatten at email@example.com or 813-974-5959.